Thursday, 16 February 2012

Visual research and Development 1 - The Paintings

In parallel to the theoretical research, I had an urge to paint oil on canvas!!
I choose to paint as my way to illustrate, or "bring out" my thoughts and research. It relates to Chaotic - Ideas association disorder,
Butterfly mind: jumping from a subject to the other,
Accelerated/random thoughts, Urge to feed the brain


My motivations to paint were quite random:  the visual analysis in my dissertation - I looked at different fine artist, amongst others Chris Ofili; I just love the passion and sensitivity that is palpable in his painting


I have been inspired by different artist:
Chris Ofili ( 3rd year dissertation)

Fiona Rae ( BTEC project inspiration and still admiring her work)

Peter Doig ( A friend when looking at my paintings said that I should look him up, I liked the mood and energy of his work)

 Here are some of my Paintings, in progress, with updates:

Day 1 - 4






Day 6 - 10

Day  11
 


 Day 13 - 15


 Day  16 - 20


Day  21 - 23





Day 25 - 40 on and off

picture to come

No comments:

Post a Comment